Social workers

National Occupation Code (NOC): 4152

Social workers help individuals, couples, families, groups, communities and organizations develop the skills and resources they need to enhance social functioning and provide counselling, therapy and referral to other supportive social services. Social workers also respond to other social needs and issues such as unemployment, racism and poverty. They are employed by hospitals, school boards, social service agencies, child welfare organizations, correctional facilities, community agencies, employee assistance programs and Aboriginal band councils, or they may work in private practice.

Follow This Occupation Share

Alternate Job Titles

  • Addiction Social Worker
  • Case Management Consultant - Social Work
  • Case Management Social Worker
  • Case Work Consultant - Social Work
  • Casework Supervisor - Social Work
  • Caseworker - Social Work
  • Certified Social Worker
  • Child Welfare Social Worker
  • Children's Aid Investigator
  • Co-ordinator Of Social Work
  • Family Social Worker
  • Geriatric Social Worker
  • Group Social Worker
  • Human Relations Officer - Social Work
  • Intake Worker - Social Services
  • Medical Social Worker
  • Psychiatric Social Worker
  • Registered Social Worker
  • School Social Worker
  • Social Casework Consultant
  • Social Work Co-ordinator
  • Social Work Officer
  • Social Work Supervisor
  • Social Worker
  • Social Workers Supervisor
  • Co-ordinator Of Social Work
  • Medical Social Worker
  • Psychiatric Social Worker
  • Social Work Supervisor
  • Social Worker
  • Children's Aid Investigator
  • EAP Counsellor
  • Family Services Worker

Help Us Serve You Better

We are collecting data to better understand who is looking for work and what kind of opportunities jobseekers are searching for. This data is completely anonymous and non-personally identifiable.

Your Age: