Insurance agents and brokers

National Occupation Code (NOC): 6231

Insurance agents and brokers sell life, automobile, property, health and other types of insurance to individuals, businesses and public institutions. Insurance agents are employed by individual insurance companies or are independent representatives of specific insurance companies. Insurance brokers are employed by brokerage firms, or may work in partnerships or hold sole proprietorship. Supervisors of insurance agents are included in this unit group.

Follow This Occupation Share

Alternate Job Titles

  • Automobile Insurance Agent
  • Automobile Insurance Salesman/woman
  • District Supervisor - Insurance Office
  • Field Agent - Insurance
  • Fire Insurance Agent
  • Fire Insurance Salesman/woman
  • General Insurance Representative
  • Group Insurance Representative
  • Insurance Agent
  • Insurance Agent Supervisor
  • Insurance Broker
  • Insurance Sales Agent
  • Insurance Sales Representative
  • Insurance Sales Supervisor
  • Insurance Salesman/woman
  • Life Insurance Agent
  • Life Insurance Representative
  • Life Insurance Salesman/woman
  • Insurance Agent
  • Insurance Broker
  • Insurance Sales Representative
  • Insurance Sales Supervisor
  • Insurance Advisor

Help Us Serve You Better

We are collecting data to better understand who is looking for work and what kind of opportunities jobseekers are searching for. This data is completely anonymous and non-personally identifiable.

Your Age: